Tuesday, December 1, 2009

RIP Ken Ober

I found out the horrible news yesterday that former Remote Control host Ken Ober passed away a few weeks ago. I was sitting in the auto shop while my car was getting serviced reading whatever magazine I can find and I was going through the new Time magazine when I came across this awful news. He died from flu-like symptoms at his home in Santa Monica, CA.

The Brookline, MA native got his start as a stand-up comic and got his first big break when he became the host of Remote Control on MTV. The show was ahead of its time and launched the careers of Adam Sandler, Denis Leary, Colin Quinn and the lovey Kari Wuhner. It was one of my favorite shows growing up.

Ober had a sucessful career and eventually hosted 4 other game shows. He was also a successful TV producer. His most recent show was The New Adventures Of Old Christine. That's the show that stars Julia Lousie Dreyfus, you know Elaine from Seinfeld.

Here's a clip of Remote Control for those of you out there that never got to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment